GOOEY RICE KRISPY TREATS
Embrace nostalgia with this childhood treat that's good enough for grownups.
For real, if you need a simple snack to add to your life or want to impress your friends with a cheap and cheerful treat we have the solution for you.
Food snobs look away. Let's be honest, there is nothing fancy or refined about our recipe this week. It is delicious though and seriously addictive. We managed to go through an entire batch in just a few days and are already planning a trip to restock our supplies of mini-marshmallows so that we can make some more. Rice Krispy Treats possess the power to shoot us straight back to childhood. Their simple flavor is wholesome yet delicious, basic but all encompassing. They're heavy on the sweet with the perfect salty bite. They're perfectly gooey and will undoubtedly get stuck all over your fingers. A little word of warning: if you like to stuff your face while simultaneously scrolling through the contents of your phone you'll probably need to give it a bit of a rinse afterwards, sticky marshmallow and screens do not a happy match make.
- 5 tbsp butter
- 10 cups mini-marshmallows
- 6 cups Krispie cereal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Line a 9x9 pan with foil and rub with butter.
- In a large pot over low heat melt butter. Once melted add 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from the heat and stir in your cereal and salt until just coated in marshmallow mixture. Stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly. It will be gooey. It will stick to your fingers. But just press it together as best you can.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.